L-Series mortise locks are engineered to meet or exceed commercial and institutional standards in an extensive selection of lock functions and decorative finishes. An expansive variety of lever and knob designs use a common, non-handed lock case, providing unsurpassed versatility and security in offices, schools, hospitals, hotels, and commercial buildings, as well as finer residences.
Equipped with conventional cylinders and sectional trim, the L-Series extra heavy duty mortise lock provides ANSI 156.13, Grade 2 security to enhance its existing Grade 1 operational requirements for mortise locks with sectional and escutcheon trim. The series continues to exceed Grade 1 security requirements with concealed cylinders.
The L-Series is the best choice for any building where security, safety, product life cycle, cost, and design compatibility are prime considerations.
- Applications: For commercial and institutional buildings where the finest in mortise locks are required.
- Certifications: ANSI A156.13, 1994, Grade 1 Operational, Grade 2 Security. ANSI/ASTM F-476-84 Grade 30, U.L. Listed.
- With Concealed Cylinder: A156.13, 1994, Grade 1 Operational, Grade 1 Security. ANSI/ASTM F-476-84 Grade 40, U.L. Listed.
- Knobs and Levers:Cast/Forged Lever Designs: Forged brass, forged bronze, or cast stainless steel. 93 Lever: Extruded brass, bronze, or stainless steel. 41 and 42 Knobs: Wrought brass, bronze, or stainless steel knobs match in appearance and are equal to D-Series knobs. Mediterranean Designs: Forged brass levers match in appearance to ME-Series levers.
- Roses: A Design: 21/8" (54 mm) Diameter wrought brass, bronze, or stainless steel. B Design: 29/16" (65mm) Diameter wrought brass, bronze, or stainless steel. Mediterranean Designs: Forged brass roses match in appearance to ME-Series roses.
- Escutcheons: L escutcheons are cold forged brass or bronze and stainless steel. N escutcheons are heavy wrought reinforced brass, bronze, or stainless steel. L = 8" x 13/4" x 7/16" (203mm x 44mm x 11mm). N = 8" x 29/16" x 7/16" (203mm x 65mm x 11mm).